Este conteúdo está sendo traduzido. Caso você tenha uma dúvida e não consiga achar aqui a resposta, entre em contato comigo no

formulário abaixo ⇩ e eu terei o maior prazer em responder.

Frequently Asked Questions


How much will my translation cost?

Translations can be simple or complex. Simple documents are very affordable. Certified Translations for Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, School Transcripts and other types of official documents are $25.00 per page. Contact me to Get a Quote for your document.

What is a Certified Translation and when do I need one?

Certified Translation means that the language service provider (LSP) or translator who, for the record, does not necessarily need to be a native speaker or a certified translator, has submitted a signed document stating that the translation made is entirely true and accurately represents the original document. In the US, all documents to be submitted in the academic institutions or universities that are not written in the English language shall be translated and must qualify as a certified translation. Similarly, a certified translation is also required if you are processing documents such as marriage, birth, and death certificates, court transcripts, immigration documents, etc.

What languages can you translate?

Portuguese to English, Spanish to English and English to Portuguese.

What is a USCIS Translation?

A USCIS Translation is a Certified Translation of immigration documents: such as marriage, birth, and death certificates, court transcripts, immigration documents, etc.

What types of document files can you translate?

Word.doc, Excel.xls or Adobe.pdf. Other extensions have to be analyzed first, in order to receive a quote.

What is the difference between Translation and Localization?

Translation is the expression of the original text into the target language, whereas Localization expresses the original text into the target language and local culture bridging cultural gaps.

What is meant by localization? Why is it important?

Localization refers to the adaptation of a product, application, or document content to meet the language, cultural and other requirements of a specific target market. It´s essential if a business wants its products to be internationally accepted. Contact me if you need localization of your product.

Notary Public

When I might need a Notary Public?

Whether taking an affidavit, signing a contract, working with deeds, or dealing with a very important life decision, such as a Will or Healthcare Directive, allow me to attest (certify) with the help of my expertise.

Learn more at my Notary Public page.

What is an Apostille?

Foreign embassies or consulates, like the Brazilian Consulate, often require an apostille or notarial certificate for vital record certificates. The 1961 Hague Convention established the apostille as a form of authentication for its member states. In Florida, the Secretary of State is the only designated Competent Authority to issue apostilles in the State of Florida.

You might need an Apostille of an official document issued by a governamental department in one country, to be able to use in another country.

Ex: American issued Birth Certificate to be used in Brazil for getting your resident documents must be translated and apostilled.

What is Notarized Translation?

More than the certification itself, notarized translation is more concerned about following legal procedures. Essentially, both have the same methods; the only difference is that the translator will be required to sign the certification statement in front of a notary, which the government has authorized. Simply put, in notarized translation, the notary’s stamp and signature are all about notarizing the certification itself and not the translation.

I can provide Certified Translations in Portuguese, English and Spanish.

Is it possible to have my document notarized online?

Yes, I am commissioned to notarize some documents online. Lean more on my page Remote Online Notary.

Do I Need a Certified and Notarized Translation for USCIS?

A few years ago certified translations for USCIS had to be notarized. However, recently the rules have changed and for immigration purposes applicants are no longer required to submit a notarized translation. The non-English language documents have to be translated by a professional translator and be accompanied by his/her certification.

Source: https://www.cacfti.org/do-i-need-a-certified-and-notarized-translation-for-uscis/

Can my wife notarize a document for me?

No. The better practice is not to notarize for a spouse or family member in order to preserve the integrity of the notarization and to prevent a challenge to the notarization. Source: American Association of Notaries

What other services you provide as a Notary Public in Florida?

I can also offer the following services:

- Witnessing court-mandated telephone hearings for non-criminal cases;
- Field inspections: verifying informations about a business; - Process serving - Form I-9 (employment eligibility verification) services
- Immigration Forms Specialist


What methods of payment do you accept?

Direct Deposit via CashApp or Zelle, Credit-Debit Cards through Square and PayPal.

I have to cancel my booking, can I get my deposit refunded?

Unfortunately, I am not able to return your deposit after you have booked an appointment.

However, if you have already paid for the whole service, and cancel your appointment with a 48-hour-notice, I am able to refund you for 80% of the amount paid.


Can I get married outside of a church or courthouse?

I can officiate your wedding anywhere in the state of Florida. Read this article with some information on weddings in Florida.
Contact me to set the date.


How does transcription differ from translation?

Audio Transcription is the conversion of the spoken language in a sound recording into the format of a written text.

The translation of a document is an activity that covers the interpretation of the meaning of a text in a language – the source text – and the production of a new version in another language, but that expresses the original text as accurately as possible in the target language; the resulting text is called translation.

What are legal transcription services, and why does it matter?

Legal transcription is an extremely demanding job when it comes to professional or personal matters or documents and their legalization. It must be executed perfectly, precisely, and generally under the pressure of deadlines. Legal transcription is a susceptible and specialized area. A single wrong term can have serious consequences, given the possibility of changing the entire meaning of the text. Also called de-recording. It encompasses all the transcripts that will be used for legal, procedural, judicial purposes, preparation of notary minutes, typically videos of hearings, interrogation, testimony, wiretapping, WhatsApp audios.​ This modality, due to procedural necessity, needs to contain everything precisely as it is said in the recording, without any correction - this is called "ipsis litteris" or "ipsis verbis." It will contain all the interruptions between the interlocutors, language vices, stutters, wrong words, repetitions, absolutely everything that was said in the recording. The focus here is on how it was said and converting it to text.

Get a quote for a transcription of your legal audio.


What is the difference between Translation and Interpretation?

Interpreting is an oral translation. Interpreting seeks to provide people of different languages with the opportunity to participate, without any linguistic barriers, in debates, conferences, and interviews through the assistance of specialized, trained professionals, with knowledge in the respective field.

I can help you with Immigration interpreting during your USCIS interviews. Get in touch with me to provide your with a quote, or schedule an appointment to receive help on how to fill out your forms.

I speak Portuguese and English.


Can you help me with immigration?

The only people who can represent you to USCIS are lawyers who are members of the state bar association, accredited representatives on the list kept by the Board of Immigration Appeals, and a few other people. Only lawyers and accredited representatives may charge a fee to help you. Check here some information about Immigration to the USA.

I can help you to fill out the forms you will need to send to your lawyer and to USCIS. Schedule an appointment with me now, and let´s get your process started!

What is a green card?

A “green card,” issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), provides proof of lawful permanent resident status, with authorization to live and work anywhere in the United States. Most green cards must be renewed every 10 years, but conditional green cards based on marriage or investment must be replaced after the first 2 years.

What is the purpose of the Form I-9?

Federal law requires employers to verify the identity and employment authorization of new employees and to reverify employment authorization only in certain instances at a later date. Employers must use Form I-9 to do this. Your employer will ask you to complete Section 1. Please review the instructions and print clearly.

Must I fill out everything in Section 1 of Form I-9?

No. The three optional fields are: (1) Social Security Number, (2) E-mail Address, and (3) Telephone Number. If your employer uses E-Verify, you must provide your Social Security Number. If you provide your e-mail address and phone number, E-Verify will be able to give you important information regarding your E-Verify case.

Should I complete Section 2 or Section 3 of Form I-9?

No. Section 2 and Section 3 are completed by your employer or Authorized Representative.

Is Form I-9 available in other languages?

Yes. Form I-9 is also available in Spanish for use in Puerto Rico. Outside Puerto Rico, the Spanish version can be used only to help employers and employees complete the English language form.

May someone who understands English help me fill out Form I-9?

Yes. You may ask someone to help you complete the form. Common examples are where you need the form translated for you or need help writing in your information. The person who translates or completes the form for you must complete the “Preparer and/or Translator certification” on Form I-9. However, you personally must sign Section 1.

SCG Law & Language can act as a Preparer or Interpreter to help filling out the Form I-9 for you. Schedule an appointment with us at www.scglawandlanguage.com/book-online.

What is USCIS?

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is the government agency that oversees legal immigration to the United States. USCIS is primarily responsible for approving green cards, naturalization, work permits, travel permits, and other “immigration benefits.”

What is a lawful permanent resident?

A lawful permanent resident, also known as a “green card holder,” is a foreign national who is authorized to live and work anywhere in the United States, sponsor certain relatives for their own green cards, and ultimately apply for U.S. citizenship.

Can I work in the U.S. while waiting for my green card?

Anyone who already has a valid work visa (for example, an H-1B or L-1 visa) can usually continue working in the United States even while applying for a U.S. green card. Otherwise, green card applicants aren’t allowed to start working in the United States until they obtain a work permit by filing Form I-765.






Ligação gratuita : +1 (844) 769-5010

Email : sonia@scglawandlanguage.com


Horários de funcionamento
Segunda a sexta-feira: 9h00 - 18h00

Sábados: 9h00 - 13h00.

Domingos: disponível apenas para casamentos
Por Agendamento : Clique aqui para agendar .


Área de serviço

  • Para serviços com hora marcada: Flórida Central

  • Para serviços online: países de língua inglesa e portuguesa.

  • SCG LinkedIn
  • SCG Facebook
  • SCG Twitter
  • SCG YouTube

Tem perguntas?

Entre em contato comigo:

© Copyright

©2021 by SCG Law & Language. Proudly created with Wix.com