Legal translations.png

Did you know these facts about Portuguese Language?

Atualizado: 30 de Jul de 2020



According to the World Atlas:


Portuguese is the #3 language spoken in Florida.

Portuguese is the #2 language spoken in Massachusetts.

Ethnologue lists Portuguese as the #9 language spoken in the World.

So why is Brazilian Portuguese translated less frequently in the United States by government agencies and public or private companies?

THE REASON


Most companies follow the Federal Guidelines for dealing with those individuals and groups with Limited English Proficiency. Executive Order 13166 signed by President Clinton in 2000, mandated among other things, "Vital documents must be translated when a significant number or percentage of the population eligible to be served, or likely to be directly affected by the program/activity, needs services or information in a language other than English to communicate effectively." Read more about it here.


According to the American Community Survey conducted in 2017 by the U.S. Census Bureau, "approximately 58 percent of Brazilian immigrants in the United States reported speaking English very well or speaking only English at home. The remaining 42 percent had limited English proficiency, speaking English less than “very well.” Brazilian immigrants were, on average, less likely to be Limited English Proficient (LEP) than the overall foreign-born population (48 percent).


Brazil is an industrialized, developing country of over 200 million people and there are over 300,000 Brazilians living here in the United States. By not reaching out with advertisements and marketing in Portuguese you are missing out on potential customers. Even if many Brazilians in business speak some English, you can reach them where your competition isn't, by marketing in Portuguese.


Google Translate is not the answer!


Do you need the services of a professional translator who will provide you with a precise and effective communication in Brazilian Portuguese? SCG Law & Language can meet your needs. With almost 25 years of translation experience including over 20 years of patent translation, Mrs. Sonia Cunha-Goldner from SCG Law & Language can be relied on for an excellent translation.


Learn more about Translation Services at www.scglawandlanguage/translations.

Author: Timothy Goldner


References:

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/states-with-the-largest-populations-of-portuguese-americans.html

http://www.ethnologue.com/guides/ethnologue200

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/brazilian-immigrants-united-states

8 visualizações0 comentário

Posts recentes

Ver tudo
UntitledPost%20(16)_edited.jpg

 

 

 

 

Ligação gratuita : +1 (844) 769-5010

Email : sonia@scglawandlanguage.com

 

Horários de funcionamento
Segunda a sexta-feira: 9h00 - 18h00

Sábados: 9h00 - 13h00.

Domingos: disponível apenas para casamentos
Por Agendamento : Clique aqui para agendar .

 

Área de serviço

  • Para serviços com hora marcada: Flórida Central

  • Para serviços online: países de língua inglesa e portuguesa.

  • SCG LinkedIn
  • SCG Facebook
  • SCG Twitter
  • SCG YouTube

Tem perguntas?

Entre em contato comigo:

© Copyright

©2021 by SCG Law & Language. Proudly created with Wix.com